I had the pleasure of attending CD Summit & Jenkins Days this week in Denver. The conference was very focused on Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and great team culture to promote best development and deployment practices. I’ve never been to this conference series before but it was a pleasant experience that I hope to check out again in the future.
If you are responsible for championing DevOps at your place of employment and wear many hats, it can be difficult to keep track of all the fancy new developments. Here’s a list of the new technologies that I learned about or dove deeper with while attending the conference:
- Really cool way to manage your workflow from build to test to deploy.
- Reminiscent of the fancy pipeline approach I dig about GoCD
- Groovy DSL and Jenkinsfile yummies. Less UI-based configuration please!
- DevOps best practices through the Garage Method
- Customizable Toolchains to get you from dev to deploy
- Sweet Web-based IDE
- Both free for anyone using BlueMix
- A fully featured and extensible release automation tool with a super slick UI
- Free for up to 10 deploy nodes
- So far about 180 different plugins
I enjoyed my time at the conference and learned a lot. The tools above are the three most impressive that I saw and I look forward to playing around with them!